The JEE (Main) is the first phase of the JEE (Joint Entrance Examination), one of India's most challenging engineering entrance exams. It is a Computer-Based Test (CBT) which is conducted in several Indian States by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The next level of the JEE exam is the JEE (Advanced), qualifying which will make candidates eligible for counselling and admission to some of the prestigious engineering institutes across the country.
This entrance exam is highly competitive, with around 7 lakh candidates appearing.
With this much competition, it is common for students to feel anxious or worried as the next JEE exam date approaches. You can be perplexed about what you should do and what you shouldn't excel at in this academic exam.
Panic won't help you; instead, concentrate on getting the appropriate information and adhering to the correct exam day instructions. So, we have enlisted some do’s & don'ts so that you can breeze through the exam.
Don'ts for JEE Main 2023 Exam
- Reading from multiple books while preparing for JEE Main 2023 is one of the key things to avoid. Every book uniquely approaches a topic and offers a different point of view. It is possible to become confused if you refer to many books on the same topic. It is preferable to learn from 1-2 books and practise from 4-5 books. You can consult reliable online sources or speak with your professors to get suggestions on the books to read next.
- It is crucial to assess your performance after giving a mock exam or solving class work. By doing this, you'll be able to see your shortcomings and better comprehend your errors to improve.
- Do not answer questions based on guesswork (there is a negative marking). Otherwise, you might end up losing marks if your guesswork does not add up to the correct response.
- One of the key success elements for students who achieve good scores is time management throughout the JEE Main exam. Avoid spending more than required time on a single question; if you are having trouble figuring out the answer, move on. Once you have completely gone through the questions, then attempt the time-taking ones. To get used to this approach, start following it in the mock exams.
- On the exam day, arrive at the meeting location well in advance instead of being late. You can miss some of the instructions for the exam that were announced in the exam room, so arriving late could be a big setback for you.
- Do not bring any electronic devices inside the exam room, including mobile phones, watches with calculators, slide rules, printed or written materials, or any other devices.
- Don't put yourself through needless stress by wearing uncomfortable clothing to exams.
Keep in mind that you can always achieve your dreams with hard work and dedication. Instead of freaking out, concentrate on the things to avoid during the JEE Main examinations that were discussed in this article and make the necessary preparations.
If you want to get your hands on the highly organised study material and updated mock test series as per the latest pattern, connect with us at ALLEN. We are the leading IIT coaching institute paving the way for our students towards success.