JEE Main is an important exam for students who want to seek admission to various Indian institutes for technical undergraduate programs in Architecture & Planning and Engineering. It is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Candidates who plan to appear for the exam are required to be aware of all the important details concerning the registration, syllabus, dates, and other crucial requirements for the exam. JEE Main Admit Card is one such important aspect of the JEE exam.
The JEE Main Admit card contains all the important details related to the candidate and the exam. These include the name and details of the candidate, the address of the exam centre, the date and time of the exam, and important guidelines for the exam.
This article reads all the important details concerning the JEE Main Admit Card 2023.
JEE Main Admit Card Release Date & Time
The JEE Main Admit card was released by the NTA (National Testing Agency) for both the sessions of JEE Main 2023. The Admit card for the first session will be released on 3rd week of January., and the Admit card for the second session will be released in the third week of March. The time for both sessions was 1:00 AM.
How to download the JEE Main Admit Card?
The JEE Main Admit card for the July session can be downloaded from the JEE Main official website. To download the JEE Main Admit card go through the following steps:
- Visit the official JEE Main website.
- Click on the option to “Download Admit Card for JEE (Main) 2023 Session 2” at the top of the page.
- Alternatively, candidates can click this link.
- On the following page, candidates need to enter their login details. These include their Application number, date of birth and a security pin provided on the page.
- Click on the option to "Submit" once all the login details are entered.
- The JEE Main Admit will then be displayed on the screen. Candidates must download the Admit card and get a printed copy for future use.
The same method can be followed for both sessions of the JEE Main.
JEE Main Admit Card 2023 Highlights
Here are all the important details JEE Main candidates need to know regarding the JEE Main Admit Card:
- The JEE Main Admit card for the January session will be released on the 3rd week of January by the NTA.
- It is required of the candidates that they carry the Admit card to the exam centre. They won't be allowed entry without the Admit card. Therefore, candidates must get the card printed and carry it with them to the exam centre.
- The Admit card can be downloaded from https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/
- The Admit card contains all the important details concerning the candidates and the exams.
Important Details of JEE Main Admit Card
Keep the following important details in mind regarding the JEE Main Admit card:
- The Admit card is available to be downloaded online only. The physical copy will not be sent to any candidate by post.
- Admit cards are released separately for each JEE Main session.
- Candidates with any mistakes or errors in their JEE Main application form will not be issued the Admit card.
- Carefully go through every detail mentioned in the JEE Main Admit card.
Details Mentioned in the JEE Main Admit Card
The JEE Main Admit card has the following details mentioned therein:
- Roll number
- Name of the Candidate
- Sub-category status (Person with Disability: Yes/No)
- Application No
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- State of eligibility
- Scribe required (Yes/No)
- Candidate’s signature
- Candidate’s Photo
- Course Name
- Question Paper Medium
- Date of Exam
- Reporting/ Entry time at the centre
- Gate closing time at the centre
- Timing of Exam
- Venue of Exam
JEE Main Admit Card – Errors and Discrepancies
Sometimes candidates may find errors and discrepancies in the JEE Main Admit card. Common issues include spelling errors in the candidate’s particulars, blurred photographs or blurred signatures.
In case a candidate finds a discrepancy in his/her Admit card, they can follow these steps to raise an issue:
- Contact the NTA on 0120-6895200 on weekdays. Keep your application ready with you for the call.
- Mention your application number and explain the issue.
- After verification of the necessary details, the NTA will contact and inform the respective JEE Main Exam centre authority.
- Please note that at this point no new Admit card can be issued. The candidate will have to appear with the same Admit card. However, they will have to take the required ID Proofs, clear photographs and documents to the exam centre.
- The official correction of the candidate’s details will be done after the JEE Main 2023 exam is over.
Problems in Downloading JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates may sometimes face the following issues in downloading the JEE Main Admit Card:
- Forgotten/Wrong login credentials: It often happens that the candidates forget their login credentials like passwords. This can be sorted by clicking the “Forgot Password” option. The candidates will receive a new link on their registered email id to change their password.
- Server Issues: Server issues are common when a large number of aspirants are trying to download the Admit card at the same time. Candidates can refresh the page or try again after some time if they face this issue.
- Slow Internet Connectivity: Slow internet may cause difficulties in downloading the Admit card. Candidates can either try later or log in from a high-speed connection to resolve this issue.
- Incorrect application: This is a very common issue as the candidates who have errors in their application won't be able to download the Admit card. The candidate can contact the JEE Main helpline ( 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526) for help regarding this issue.
Items to Carry at Exam Centre
- Admit card
- Passport size photograph (must be the same one used in the application form)
- A valid ID proof
- PwD candidates must carry their PwD certificate.
- Only diabetic candidates may carry sugar tablets or fruits and a transparent water bottle.
- Self-declaration form filled by the candidate (can be downloaded from the NTA website)
- A transparent Ball Point Pen.
- Personal hand sanitiser (50 ml).
- Personal transparent water bottle.
- Mask and gloves
- Geometry box, pencils, erasers, coloured pencils/crayons (for the drawing test)
Items prohibited inside JEE Main examination centre
The following items are prohibited at the JEE Main exam centre:
- Any Electronic Device
- Mobile phones
- Bits of paper
- Packaged food items
- Log tables
- Slide rulers
- Any written or printed material
- Any metallic item
- Earphones, recorder, microphone, camera
- Eatables and water
- ID cards issued by other institutions
- Books, notebooks, paper
Exam Day Instructions Mentioned in JEE Main Admit Card 2023
Here is a summary of the detailed instructions mentioned on the Admit card:
- Reach the centre at the reporting time.
- No entry after gate closing time.
- No one will be allowed to leave before the exam ends.
- Be seated till instructed to leave.
- Download all four pages of the Admit card.
- Verify the location of the venue a day in advance.
- Visit the centre early.
- No unfair practices will be tolerated.
- No multiple applications are allowed.
- Be sure that the question paper is in the chosen medium.
- Contact NTA for any further assistance.
JEE Main Admit Card: Important Points to Remember
- The Admit card must be downloaded and printed to be carried to the exam centre without fail.
- Download all four pages of the Admit card.
- Review all the details mentioned in the Admit card minutely
- Carry the Admit card along with passport size photograph and valid id proof to the exam centre.
You must have now got the notion of all the essential aspects related to the JEE Main Admit card. To get more latest updates and notifications, stay connected with us at ALLEN.
If you want to prepare in a well-organised and streamlined manner for the JEE exam, apply to our top JEE courses at ALLEN.