NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is administered and conducted every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is the largest medical entrance examination for undergraduate programmes in India. On April 6, the application form was released, and the registration was finished on May 20. On July 12, the NEET 2022 admission card was made available. Two extensions were made to the closing date for applications: one from May 6 to May 15, followed by May 20.
The NEET 2022 exam was held on July 17, 2022. According to the most recent NEET UG 2022 news, over 18 lakh students registered for the exam, which is almost 12% more than the previous year. Medical aspirants taking the national level entrance examination may receive notifications about the latest NEET news and updates below.
NEET 2022 - What’s New
The following are some of the changes in NEET 2022:
- NEET Exam duration has been extended by 20 minutes. Instead of three hours, the exam will now last three hours and 20 minutes.
- The exam schedules for NEET 2022 have changed. The exam will begin at 2 PM and end at 5:20 PM.
- There won't be two stages to the registration process.
- The application fee has been raised by INR 100 across all applicant groups.
- The tie-breaking formula has been revised with six more criteria in addition to the previous three.
- The number of exam cities in India has increased to 543 and 14 cities overseas.
The Delhi High Court rejects the request for the NEET UG 2022 exam to be postponed: Justice Sanjeev Narula, a Delhi High Court judge, heard and rejected a plea filed by 15 National Eligibility cum Entrance exam UG (NEET UG 2022) applicants requesting postponement of the examination. The NEET 2022 exam was held on July 17, 2022, as originally announced. The exam schedule, according to applicants, was disorganised, and thus caused major mental trauma for a large number of students. They requested a four to six-week postponement of the NEET Exams. The high court rejected the application and stated that the NEET 2022 exam would be held as scheduled.
Fake Announcement of NEET 2022 Exam Date Postponement
Recently, a message circulated on social media claiming that the NEET UG 2022 Exam will take place on September 4, 2022, rather than its originally scheduled date of July 17, 2022. Busting the fake notice, PIB’s team informed the aspirants that the NEET 2022 test would be held on July 17, 2022, as scheduled.
NTA NEET UG 2022 Records a 95% Attendance Rate
The National Testing Agency(NTA) reports that the NEET medical admission test 2022 had the largest number of applicants ever and that attendance was reported at almost 95% on Sunday. A total of 18,72,329 students, of which 10.64 lakh were female, enrolled for the country's largest entrance test, surpassing the 18-lakh mark, according to NTA authorities.
NEET Result 2022 - No Provision for Rechecking/Revaluation in NEET Result 2022
The answer papers cannot be re-checked or re-evaluated. This is due to the following reason:
- The OMRs are machine-gradable and analysed using unbiased software.
- Candidates are given a chance to grade their OMR sheets in accordance with their representations, and they also have the chance to challenge the answer key if they have any questions.
Candidates For the NEET UG 2022 exam seek a second attempt; a Twitter campaign Began on August 3, 2022.
The students who took the NEET UG 2022 exam on July 17 are now asking for a retake because of irregularities in the exam. The students began a Twitter campaign under the hashtag - #NEETUGSecondAttempt - on 3rd August.
Latest News - NTA NEET Exam
- On July 17, NEET 2022 was held in 497 Indian cities and 14 foreign cities. Colombo, Kathmandu, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Sharjah, Kuwait City, Doha, Manama, Riyadh, and Lagos are among the cities abroad participating in NEET UG 2022.
- A much-needed update on NEET-related News is - Visually handicapped individuals can now apply.
- In the most recent NEET news, NTA has provided video lectures by IIT professors in a student-centric effort. The NTA has also released a mock exam mobile app.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared that the NEET syllabus for 2022 will not be decreased from the syllabus for the last year.
- The NEET application form is now available on the NTA's new website, nta.neet.nic.in. Also, the Aadhaar card is no longer required for the NEET registration process.
- From 2022 onwards, there will be no upper age restriction criterion for NEET applicants. The Health Ministry has eliminated the maximum age restriction for NEET 2022.
- Within a week following the test, the NEET 2022 answer key will be released. It is a very beneficial NEET update for students to calculate their scores roughly and challenge the answers they find problematic.
- Also, according to the NEET 2022 updates, applicants can challenge by paying INR 1000 for each question. There will be a deadline for submitting objections.
- According to a formal announcement made by NMC, 50% of private medical seats would be available for the same price as government colleges.
- The anticipated cutoff for the NEET 2022 is 40% for applicants in the SC, ST, and OBC categories and 50% for general category candidates. Candidates that acquire the necessary qualifying percentage will be admitted to colleges.
- It is anticipated that the NEET Results 2022 will be released on August 18.
That’s all for the recent updates and News regarding NEET 2022. Students should stay connected with us at ALLEN to receive all the latest notifications.
Moreover, if you are looking for the best NEET coaching institute, ALLEN would be a perfect choice. In case of any queries regarding the course details, please contact us and discuss with experts.