As the National Testing Agency has announced results for JEE Main 2023, the registration for JEE Advanced 2023 is soon to begin. Those who successfully pass the JEE Main will qualify to appear for JEE Advanced. Only after passing the JEE Advanced exam will the candidates be eligible for counselling and admission into the IITs.
Therefore candidates must give in all the hard work that they can to ace the JEE Advanced 2023 exam. Thousands of candidates appear for this examination, but it is highly competitive, and not everyone can pass it. It is only those who prepare and plan strategically and practice consistently that will pass the exam.
JEE Advanced Preparation- Start Early
The important thing to follow for the JEE Advanced exam is to start the preparations early. The syllabus for the JEE Advanced exam is vast, and candidates must be thorough with all the topics. They will also need ample time for revision and practice from mock tests and past papers to score well in the exam.
Many candidates start preparing for the JEE Advanced along with the JEE Main exam. This is because the syllabus for both exams is almost similar, and they get more time to practise the complicated topics from JEE advanced.
How to Prepare for JEE Advanced 2023?
Every student learns at his own pace and in his style. However, a few general preparation strategies may be useful for everyone appearing for the JEE 2023 Advanced exam.
However, following a set preparation strategy can help students stay on track with their study plan and avoid any last-minute panic.
- Start Early: As mentioned earlier, starting the preparations early can save you a lot of stress, panic and confusion towards the end. It allows you to go through every topic meticulously and lets you get enough time for revision close to the examination.
- Know the Syllabus and Exam Pattern: JEE Advanced has a vast syllabus. Therefore make sure that you familiarise yourself with the syllabus and exam pattern and plan your studies accordingly.
- Plan a Timetable: Having a set timetable is crucial for planning your studies well. A good timetable must be practical enough so that it can be followed consistently. Keep in mind your daily engagements and the extent of the syllabus while making the timetable. Allow yourself time to learn, take tests, revise as well as relax. Do not try to overachieve with the timetable.
- Focus on the Correct Study Material: NCERT textbooks must be the central focus while preparing for the JEE exam. Both JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams have the NCERT textbooks as the main study material. Candidates can refer to a couple of other reference books to understand the concepts better or solve practice questions. However, they must be thorough and clear on the NCERT content. Going through too many books might make you lose focus and even confuse you.
- Be Consistent: Consistency is the key to staying on top of your schedule and avoiding any confusion and panic at the last moment.
- Art of Note-Taking: Notes can be a lifesaver with a syllabus as vast as that of the JEE Advanced exam. Notes have multi-faceted advantages. Personally written notes help you understand the concepts better. They also are helpful for last-minute revision when there isn't much time to go through the entire syllabus.
- Manage Time Efficiently: Time management is a great virtue that JEE Advanced candidates must possess. This involves efficiently balancing time for various daily activities as well as studies. This also plays an important role in staying away from distractions.
- Understand, Don't Cram: JEE Advanced question paper has a lot of application-based and thought-provoking questions. Hence, cramming the concepts won't help the candidates answer such concept-based questions correctly.
- Get Ample Practice: Practice for JEE Advanced exam requires going through several previous years’ question papers, taking numerous mock tests, and also practising important concepts, diagrams, formulas, and numerical and graphical questions.
- Set Much Time for Revision: Regular and thorough revision during preparation as the exam date approaches closer is key to getting good marks in the JEE Advanced exam.
- Do not Start New Topics at the End: This is a common mistake made by several JEE aspirants. Starting a new topic towards the end of the preparation period is of not much use. Try to solidify the topics already learnt. Going through the syllabus and weightage should help you decide which topics to go through more.
- Have a Positive Mindset: A positive mindset can take you places. Many candidates can get demotivated along the way due to the extensive syllabus and long hours of studying. However, if they focus on a brighter future and career and have a positive attitude, they can concentrate more.
- Look After Yourself: Only studying and ignoring one’s health and well-being can be counterproductive in the end. It is essential that candidates not only learn well but also take out time to focus on their physical, mental as well as spiritual well-being.
Essential Tips and Tricks for JEE Advanced Exam Day
All the preparation you have done for the entire year can go to a toss if you panic or are ill-prepared for the exam day. Here are a few tips to keep in mind for the exam day:
- Keep all the essential documents and admit cards ready in one place at least two days before the exam.
- Go to the venue location a day before the exam to avoid any confusion on the exam day.
- Check the list of banned items and ensure that you do not carry any of those.
- Get to the venue early on the day of the exam.
- Be confident in your preparation, and do not panic.
- Go through the question paper thoroughly.
- Only mark the answers that you are confident in as there is negative marking.
For more such tips and the latest news and updates about various exams, keep following ALLEN IIT coaching. You can get enrolled in our leading JEE coaching to streamline your studies and learn from India's top faculty.