Cambridge English : Exam Day Tips
Here are some tips so you know what to expect on the day of the exam. These tips are for your written, paper-based exams (not including the Speaking test or Cambridge English: Young Learners exams).
Before the Exam
Check the date, time and address of your exam. We will send you this information. If you have any questions, contact us at Info@allenglobaledu.com
Remember to check how long it will take you to travel to the exam.
Get to the exam early. Follow the directions to find the exam room or go to the reception of the building and ask for directions.
Do not bring your phone or anything else electronic inside the exam room.
What to bring to the exam
- Bring your identification (ID), for example a passport, Driving License, Voter ID or national ID card. It must be an original (not a copy) with a photo of you. All candidates are required to present VALID and non-expired identification on all exam days.
- Bring pens and pencils with erasers. Bring along a hardcopy of your Entry Statement and a pen.
- Do not bring laptops, iPads, iPods, tablets, eReaders or smart watches to the exam.
During the exam
- You are not allowed to use your mobile phone and any other electronic devices during the entire exam.
- Do not bring bags, jackets, etc. to your desk.
- Do not bring food or drinks to your desk in the exam room (except water in a white transparent bottle).
- Listen carefully to the instructions which the supervisor will read out.
- Do not talk to other people, or try to see what they are writing.
- There will be a clock in the exam room to help you with your timing.
After the exam
- Stop writing immediately when the invigilator tells you to do so.
- Give all papers to the invigilator, including question papers, answer sheets, paper for notes, etc.
- Stay in your seat until the invigilator tells you to leave the room.
- If you have any question or problems, tell the supervisor.