1. What is your teaching methodology?
We have 3-tier development system
(a) Foundation batch, Building strong foundation by continuous and comprehensive training which leads to excellent performance of students at school level studies.
(b) Advance batch, Skill enhancement to complete various competitions like NTSE, NSTSE, NSO, IMO and various activities like conferences, seminar at different national and international levels.
(c) Excellent batch, interning students for various government Olympiads. NSEJS/B/A/C/P, RMO, NMTC which will add an asset to their profile and help them to conquer their goals.
2. Do you teach them extra for the Olympiads exam?
No, we don’t teach extra for the Olympiads as our module and our teaching methodology contains the entire relevant syllabus necessary for exams.
3. What Medium do you consider in PNCF courses at ALLEN?
We have only English Medium Classes at Ranchi Center.
4. Is there any crash course in ALLEN?
No, there are no crash courses provided by Allen. There are only two types of Courses at Allen: Classroom Contact Programme (CCP) and Distance Learning Programme (DLP).
5. Do you provide coaching for all subjects?
We provide classes for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, English, S. St and Mental Ability.
6. Do you have faculties from Kota Center or from Ranchi itself?
Faculties are hired on local level as well as relocated from other centers too. We have a specified faculty training program under which faculties recruited undergo a training session at our HO, Kota. Post that only, they are given the classes.
7. What is the duration of classes at ALLEN?
Duration for Class is of 4 hours including doubt session of 30 Min.
8. Do you provide any Demo classes?
No we don’t provide any demo class.
9. Is there any provision for changing phase or batch?
Yes the student can change their batch with different timings by proper counseling/Permission and by paying applicable fees. Changing phase or batch depends on the availability of seat and performance of student.
10. Is there any orientation session in Pre-Nurture?
Yes there is orientation session in Pre-Nurture courses. Timings and venue for orientation session will be conveyed through SMS to the enrolled students and will also be available 2 days prior to class commencement date at ALLEN center.
11. What is the importance of competitive examinations in the career of a student?
As far as a student of PNCF i.e., studying in class 10th or below are concerned, competitive examination at this stage: -
(1) Helps to identify the aptitude of a student i.e., in which academic area he or she can excel. For example, after giving various govt./pvt Olympiads & National talent search exams, according to his/her performance, a student & his/her parents may get a clear idea that he/she may go for Engineering after class 10th.
(2) Giving competitive exams from early classes develops competitive temperament & confidence of the student.
(3) A student also comes to know where he ranks at National and International Level.
Q12. How can parents gauge their ward's performance?
All the results are promptly displayed at our website - www.allen.ac.in and sent through SMS to the Parents. Also we call Parents Teachers Meeting every 2 months where parents can come and counsel with ALLEN faculties for their ward’s performance.
13. How do you help students in preparing for competitive exams?
In PNCF i.e.in early classes, first motive is to develop strong concepts in every subject. Those students once develops the strong foundations are trained at advance level (i.e., higher level) targeting various competitive exams like NSO, IMO, NSTSE, NTSE, etc. A very few students who are ahead of their time & shows skills to work very hard are trained at excellent level for govt. Olympiads like Juniors science Olympiad (IJSO), Biology Olympiad (IBO), etc.
14. Along with school studies what kind of preparation you are providing to develop my ward?
A student who Joins Allen PNCF first gets strong insight in concepts required to strengthen insight in every subject that is taught at Allen. He/she develops confidence to study in groups/competitive environment; developing accuracy & competitive temperament by appearing in regular tests. Allen helps student to perform better than his/her previous classes but depending on his aptitude & hard work a student can reach to any height. For example, our students have cracked junior science Olympiad exams in class 6, 7.8th, international biology Olympiads in class 10th. Overall a student’s improves a lot, the scale of that improvement depend from student to student.
15. What is the schedule of test of Pre-Nurture?
Tests will be conducted on Alternate Sundays.
16. Is it sufficient for me to concentrate on ALLEN study materials alone to attain my goal or do I need other supplements?
For all kinds of exams (school exams/competitive exams/Olympiads), Allen PNCF has developed very fine quality study material that do not require any further supplement. However, a student can refer books of their choice.
17. Will you provide accommodation to students?
We don't have any own hostel facility for students, but yes we assist students by providing them details of Hostel accommodation available in the area.
18. If my ward is not interested in medical or engineering, is it beneficial for him to be in Allen?
Yes, here is nurturing and aptitude finding of an individual’s; it may be in field of chartered accountancy or administrative service because we groom academically in such a way that will help your ward in knowing their skills and aptitudes.
19. Do you basically focus on Maths and Science?
No, other subject such as English, S.st and Mental Ability is also being taught that is must for any competitive exams.
20. Do you provide individual subject class also?
21. Can you minimize the class time to 2hrs. ?
No, as classes are running alternatively so at least 4hrs are required for the proper delivering of content.
22. What if the syllabus at ALLEN does not matches with what is taught in schools?
Student can ask for extra classes from the faculties and can also cover at the doubt counters.
23. What if I don’t find any improvement in school grades?
Weekly test and races will build a strong foundation and will definitely improve his grades; if not then we arrange for improvement batches.
24. My ward is very much weak, less attentive, and not at all studious. Will Allen be beneficial for him?
Allen has a competitive, enthusiastic environment which will motivate him to grow in a right direction.
25. How you differentiate average and above average students?
A Batch allocation test is conducted on a day before the class commencement. On the basis of performance of the test batches are decide accordingly.
According to result 3 batches are Foundation, Advance & Excellent.
- Foundation Batches – These batches are for the average students naming FT1, FT2 i.e., Foundation Tenth In this batch NCERT syllabus is covered.
- Advance Batches – These Batches are for brilliant students who are far more intelligent than Foundation naming AT1, AT2 i.e., Advance Tenth. In this Batch NCERT syllabus is covered along with Olympiads. The main focus is on various Olympiads conducted by various organizations.
- Excellent Batches – This batch is a target for the Olympiads like NTSE etc. In these batches after the course completion of SA2 preparation for the next session is also done.
26. Do you give homework?
Yes we provide races & DPR practice.
27. Do you teach computer & Sanskrit/ Hindi?
28. Is batch allotted once in starting test will remain same till end of session?>
Batch shuffling depends on the performance of the student. Then also if a student wants to change his/her batch than he needs to take permission first.
29. Is evaluation pattern different for different kind of batches?
Foundation Batch Minor Test is held in every 15 day means twice in a month based on NCERT. While in Advance & Excellent batch Minor Test are held every week in which two are based on NCERT Syllabus and two are based on Olympiads preparation.
Timings for Evening Batch: 3:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Sunday Doubt counters timings: 10 AM TO 1 PM
30. Can I pay the fees in instalments?
The fee structure in PNCF courses is Lumpsum only.
31. Why numbers of teaching hours are reduced?
We have reduced no. of teaching hours only in class 6th, 7th and 8th as they are still young and they have less concentration.
32. Why have you kept Sunday classes as our child gets only one day free from their hectic schedule?
As we have reduced our class time from four hours to two and half hours and there we generally focus on math and science syllabus and Sunday we can cover the social science and English. Further we tell them that our English and SS faculties are their all 7 days so students can come at their convenient time and ask their doubts which they have missed in their regular class.
33. Where are Olympiads certificate used?
Basically they are used for taking admission in reputed as well as foreign universities and it also develops their application skills.
34. Why don’t you take fees in installments?
We have a standard policy throughout our all India Centers. As we have thousands of students studying at our institute and it becomes difficult for us to change the policy.
35. What is the Phase-1, Phase-2 & Phase-3?
The classes for Phase-1 scheduled to start from 6th April 2016
Phase-2 scheduled to start from 18th May 2016.
Note: In Phase-2 frequency of classes is more in comparison to Phase-1.
Phase-3 scheduled to start from 3rd October 2016.
Note: In Phase-3 only we complete SA-2 syllabus.
36. Do you have separate classes for ICSE and CBSE students?
Yes. ICSE students are enrolled in our advance batch with a screening test. The lecture plan that we will follow in advance batch is that we will cover some part of ICSE Syllabus along with the syllabus of Olympiad.
37. How do you assign advance and foundation batch?
Through regular minor and major tests and feedback of faculties students are assigned their batches.
38. Why we give our ward in class 6th, 7th in ALLEN?
At ALLEN we believe in building strong foundation by continuous and comprehensive training which leads to excellent performance of students at school level studies and in various Olympiad exams of National & International level.
39. How do you manage 40 students in each class?
Classrooms in PNCF are designed with best infrastructure to ensure proper communication with the students and there are mentors in each class who keep record on performance of student in class as well as in test.
40. In PNCF why entrance exam is made compulsory?
Basically there was no other mode of scholarship for PNCF other then Tallentex and Olympiads. This would give opportunity to gain scholarship on their fees. Secondly, students’ performance in ASAT is considered to assign foundation batch or advance batch after STD 8th.
41. My ward is studying in 9th class at ALLEN Ahmedabad Center. Can he change his Study center to Ranchi Center later on?
Yes the student can change his study center from Ahmedabad to any other ALLEN Center after proper counseling and by paying the applicable charges.
42. What is the duration of course in Pre-Nurture?
The courses will be completed in January and after that revision classes will start.
43. Does your course comply with school syllabus?
Our course covers complete ICSE and GSEB board based syllabus. We also follow NCERT based foundation module which covers entire CBSE syllabus and Advance module for Competitive Exams.
44. It is necessary to come between for 4:00 to 04:30 for doubt. Or any time if he wants to come?
This is official time in which all the respective faculties will be available for the doubt counters. Apart from the above mentioned time a students will have to take permission from the respective faulty.
45. I had appeared in ASAT but have not qualified it yet. Can I take direct admission through TALLENTEX result?
Yes you can direct admission if you have qualified TALLENTEX EXAM.
46. Do you have franchise center in Ranchi?
No this is a branch office as each and every activity is centralized by our KOTA center.